I use a heavily customised setup for vIM, the text editor that annoys me the least in ~30 years of using a computer. You can see my exact setup in my dotfiles repo on github, https://github.com/wordswords/-.
Here are the plugins I use:
- ConqueTerm – Opens a shell window inside vIM, allowing you to have a REPL environment within vIM.
- NERDTree – A filetree plugin that you can see on the left of the window above. It replicates the Sublime text editor’s filetree.
- vim-airline – This is a statusline plugin for vIM that allows for a nicer status view for windows and buffers.
- vim-devicons – Allows for UTF-8 icons to make vIM editing slightly more graphical. Used by airline to display more info in less space, and by NERDTree to show filetype information.
- vim-fish – Syntax highlighting for fish shell script editing.
- vim-rails – Syntax highlighting and more for rails.
- vim-ruby – Syntax highlighting for Ruby.